Things All Members Should Know (Updated Feb 2024)
- The Club was founded in 1984.
- In 1992 the club moved to its present site In Madran, NB.
- The club was re-incorporated December of 2015 as the CLUB DE TIR CHALEUR SHOOTING CLUB INC.
- Our Mission Statement is to meet and exceed all government regulations and firearm safety protocols.
- e-mail: info [@] chaleurshootingclub [.] com
- Our mailing address is:
Club de Tir Chaleur Shooting Club Inc.
PO Box 20059 RPO Plaza
Bathurst, NB E2A 4V7
- The name of our range is “The Richard Losier Shooting Range”.
- The use of the range is supplied courtesy of St. Isidore Asphalt Ltd and the Losier family. We sincerely appreciate their continued support.
- The shooting range presently offers a 25m pistol range and a 100m rifle range.
- The shooting range is open 7 days a week from sun up to sun down.
- The range is open in winter months but the access road is not maintained.
MEMBERSHIP RATES FOR 2024
- Membership rates are for the current year only from January 1st to December 31st
- $100.00 for couples (must have same civic address)
- $75.00 for regular members, 22 to 65 years
- $50.00 for seniors (age 65 by January 1st)
- $50.00 for young adults (18 to 22 years old)
- Members must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Federal firearms permit (Possession Only or Possession and Acquisition)
- Members must fill out a membership application for each and every year to keep their documentation current (name, address, pal status, contacts).
- By law we are required to keep membership documentation and shooting logs for six (6) years.
NB CHIEF FIREARMS OFFICER (CFO) REQUIREMENTS
- Your club membership card is your firearms TRANSPORTATION PERMIT which allows you to transport a firearm from your residence to a shooting range ONLY.
- Members with restricted firearms are reported to the NB CFO.
- New members must undergo a Safety Induction course with a club Range Safety Officer (RSO) prior to using the range. It is a Federal requirement.
- The safety course takes approximately 30 minutes, and is provided on site at the range.
- During the safety course, members will learn our club safety procedures which is referred to as the “Green Card Safety System”.
- Once members have completed the safety course, they will be issued a green Safety Card. The card has no expiry date, and must be visible at all times while using the range.
- The club charges a $20.00 fee for the safety course. This fee is used to pay transportation cost for a club RSO to give the induction.
- Only club members may use a firearm at the range.
- Main gate must remain closed at all times.
- Everyone must sign the log book, failure to do so will result in the immediate termination of your membership.
- Last person to leave the site must ensure the main gate is closed & locked.
- Steel targets must be approved by the CFO
- Pistol steel targets may only be used if no other members are present.
- All used field brass belongs to the club, you may only keep your own fired brass.
- A member can be disciplined by a suspension or even life time suspension from the club for behaviour detrimental to the club.
- This includes safety violations, giving out the lock combination, behavioural issues, theft, vandalism and harassment either written or spoken and any other issues deemed detrimental to the club.
- The case will be dealt with by the elected Directors, the decision to discipline a member must be unanimous by the 4 Directors.
- The result will be kept confidential unless the sanctioned member decides otherwise.
CLUB ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
- Our regular AGM is held on the 1st Sunday of December each year.
- The meeting takes place at the Raoul Charest Community Room, 585 rue Principal, Beresford.
- The start time of the meeting is 1:30pm.
- You must have a valid membership card for the current year to attend.